Currently Soul Seekers offers its contemplative spirituality course:
In a cultural landscape where many are sceptical of traditional religion Living Inside-Out seeks to support anyone who desires a deep spiritual life through offering an open and welcoming opportunity in which to explore.
Living Inside-Out is a 7-week course for anyone wishing to grow their spiritual lives through the Christian contemplative tradition.
Using the ancient wisdom of 6th century monk St Benedict of Nursia as our primary guide Living Inside-Out will lead us through practices and ideas once only associated with monasteries but are now enriching the everyday lives of people the world over.
Living Inside-Out enables us to discover and experience God for ourselves, find meaning and fulfilment within everyday life and learn how to make a positive difference in the world around us.
Living Inside-Out introduces us to a number of practices and spiritual concepts including but not limited to:
- The importance of Silence and Solitude.
- Sacred Pauses and how they can help us grow spiritually.
- Lectio Divina – the sacred meditative reading of scripture and other spiritual materials.
- Contemplative Prayer – the prayer of Silence.
- Spiritual Direction – journeying with a spiritual companion.
- Radical self-honesty – compassionately noticing and welcoming who we are.
- Growing Community – as institutional church declines how do we nurture our need for spiritual community?
Keen to attend a course?
Soul Seekers is able to offer the Living Inside-Out to your community group or church.
Get in touch if you’d like to discuss holding a course in your area.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NO LIVING INSIDE-OUT COURSES CURRENTLY PLANNED, BUT WE’RE KEEN TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU’D LIKE TO EXPLORE THE POSSIBILITY OF RUNNING A COURSE NEAR YOUR**
Cost of the Course
$150 per person (minimum of 5 attendees)
*Soul Seekers wants Living Inside-Out to be affordable to anyone who wishes to attend. If cost is an issue, please get in touch.